Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Our netflix is coming up not connected and we have turned it…

Our netflix is coming...

Our netflix is coming up not connected and we have turned it off and on ,still not connecting. i have tried putting in the password ***** for the wifi network name and it comes up not available

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

I presume you mean Optus

Technician's Assistant: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far?

It has been down about 3 days now ans each day we try and turn it off and leave for about 30 seconds and turn back on and still nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

Hi David
my problem is wifi network OPTUS 5CF22A with password *****
is now no longer valid i require a new password ***** access my Netfix
Regards
Robyn

Just to clarify, none of your devices can connect to the WiFi network correct?

can you supply a new password ***** do i have to go to my local optus shop
no - the password ***** had is no longer valid under OPTUS 5CF22A so I require another network name and password ***** possible

What is the name of the router that provides your network connectivity?

Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer