Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I haven't used my wifi in a time and have forgotten its name…

Customer Question
I haven't used my...

I haven't used my wifi in a long time and have forgotten its name and my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I'm not sure, not for months. It may have been a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I can use my iMac, but need to have wifi for my iPad mini. My iMac is set up as a wifi, but I don't remember the password

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Networking
3/8/2018
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

okay

You don't have to worry about this problem, We will provide you the answer for your question. Please follow the instruction below for retrieving WiFi password ***** reconnecting the iPad to the WiFi network.

1. Open Keychain Access app. It is located in the Applications > Utilities folder.

2. Select the System keychain in the left menu bar, and select Passwords from the category menu. This will filter the keychains to just your stored passwords.

3. Double click on the name of the network for which you want to view the password.

4. This will open a new window specific to that stored password. Click on the ‘Show password’ checkbox.

5. You will be asked to authenticate with a username and password. This account must have administrator privileges on your Mac.

• If you are unsure what your username is, open up the Finder app and look for the home icon in the Favorites sidebar. Your home folder will called the same as your username.

6. After successfully authenticating, the wi-fi network password ***** be revealed in the previous window.

7. Use that password ***** connecting your iPad to your WiFi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I know this is ridiculous, but there are 2 wifi networks that might be mine, but I can't remember which. It asks for administrator name and password ***** I'm not sure what they want.

Try this following steps and please let me know what is the IP address.

1. Click on the Apple icon on the upper-left corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down and select System Preferences.
3. Click Network. This should be on the third row.
4. Select your connection. Typically you will be connected to the network via AirPort (wireless),
5. Click the advance option in the Right bottom
6. Click the TCP/IP tab. Your IP address will be listed in the settings window.

I'm connected using DHCP. The IP address is 192.168.1.67

Could you please tell me what is the Router's IP address?

192.168.1.254

Please click Here for accessing WiFi router/modem Dashboard. Let me know what do you see in the screen.

Network Name (SSID)
ATTwzeg3JA
Type Home
Status Enabled
Password
p2%tq+b+z94f
Authentication Type WPA
Network Name (SSID)
ATTwzeg3JA_Guest
Type Guest
Status Disabled
Password
None
Authentication Type Disabled

I think your Network Name: ATTwzeg3JA and Password: p2%tq+b+z94f

Thank you. That worked!
I have another question. Can I ask you now?

Sure, Is there anything else I may assist you today?

My iPad mini will not charge and my iPhone is either charging very slowly or not at all. I bought a new cable and that didn't help.

If your iPad won't charge, one of the first and easiest things to try is a forced restart. Make all the "reboot Windows" jokes you want but sometimes bad bits get stuck and need to be flushed out. To force a restart: Press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button of your device. Wait till you see the apple Logo. Once the device is force restarted, Please use the small pin to click the charging port in the iPad CAREFULLY and SLOWLY, Most there will be some dust particle may clogged in the charger port in the iPad. Later on try to charge your iPad and check if your iPad is charging properly or not.

I have restarted both devices many times. I have tried cleaning the port, but will try again.I have also tried cleaning the cable.It seems strange that both devices would start having trouble charging at the same time. I need to download a software update. Would that effect charging?

I am sorry for the delay, I am not sure whether this is related to the software issue. Sometimes outlets or USB ports just don't work. That's especially true if you're plugging into a wall or computer you've never plugged into before. It can also happen if an electrical or other problem occurs in your regular outlet or port. So, make sure you try plugging into a different outlet or USB port and see if your iPhone or iPad starts to charge. If it does, you're good. If not please let me know.

Thanks. I've tried that. The iPad mini seems to be charging vey, very slowly now (1% per hour). I'll let you know if it works.

We can try to restore your iPad, before we do that let me explain you sometimes a problem really is a problem. Like any physical connector, the Lightning or 30-pin Dock port is subject to both wear-and-tear and electrical failure. There could also be an issue with your battery. you can call 1-***-***-**** / 1-800-MY-APPLE in order to set up a mail-in repair. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. See you again soon! Thank you for your patience.