Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am having difficulty connecting my HP Spectre laptop to…

Customer Question
I am having difficulty...

I am having difficulty connecting my HP Spectre laptop to the internet using my iPhone 6X hotspot. The HP Spectre and the IPhone 6X will pair, but I cannot get access to the internet on the HP. Can you take control of my HP Spectre and troubleshoot? and determine what is wrong?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Sorry. I don't understand you question. I'm trying to connect my HP laptop to my iPhone hotspot.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

I have a Apple MacBook Pro that access the internet using the iPhone hotspot. But I need to use the HP, because I need to run a software program resident on the HP.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
FYI, I also have an Apple MacBook Pro that accesses the internet using my iPhone 6 hotspot. Works fine. However, I don't have that computer with me. On this occasion, I need to use software residing on my HP Spectre and need to access the internet using my iPhone 6 hotspot. The iPhone and the HP laptop pair, but something is missing. I cannot access the internet.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry. I mistakenly agreed to authorize the network technician to access this computer. I cannot authorize access, as it is not my computer.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Network Technician: Aparna Indresh, System Administrator replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know what is name of your iPhone 6 Hotspot?

Do you mean the wi-fi password? It is gh100940wf

Not the password. To which name do you connect and enter the password?