Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Please could you help us to set up a Sony BDP-S1500 Blueray…

Hi, John, please could...

Hi, John, please could you help us to set up a Sony BDP-S1500 Blueray player with our Sony Bravia 32W66E? We have Telstra Wi Fi network at home. Thanks! Patrick and Lou

Technician's Assistant: How old is your BDP-S1500?

Hi Pearl, we just brought it today!

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your BDP-S1500?

It’s asking do we want to use a proxy server. We have no clue? Lol!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks...we would only like to use the remote on the Bravia please.

2/27/2018
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

You wont need to worry about the proxy server, go to settings, then network, then choose wireless and connect to your wireless network.

Let me know how you go when you do this please

Hi Richard, thanks, ***** ***** I go to Internet Settings, Network Commction Status, or Network Cimmection Diagnotics to select wireless, after going to Network Settings? Patrick

You do it this way please

1. To set up the wireless connection, you need to start by pressing the HOME button on the remote.
  2. Select the Setup option and select Network Settings.
  3. Select Internet Settings, then select Wireless Setup.
  4. Select Scan.
  5. Select your network and connect

Let me know how you go please

^Network Connection Status
^^Network Connection Status

You do it this way please

4. Select Scan.
  5. Select your network and connect

Let me know how you go please

thanks. But when I get to Step 3. the very first question is: "Please select how to set up the IP address and proxy server settings of the unit."
The two available options are: Auto or Custom. If I skip to the next screen, the Internet is: Wired, with no way to change it...

Ok, I see now it has no wireless, strange as nearly all do except your model, you need to connect it to your router via a network cable, then it will automatically work

Let me know how you go please

Thanks, ***** ***** Internet unit is in the study, 14 meters away...Isn't there a way to set up Proxy server, like one does when setting up email account?
We were able to set up the Bravia using Telstra (wireless internet provider) Wireless Network Name and Witeless Security Key, no problems, Richard...

No, a proxy server is something completely different.

If you cannot run a cable you can use these adapters and run it over your power sockets.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/tp-link-av500-powerline-adaptor-kit-tl-pa4010pkit-tppa4010p

Cannot one to a power socket near the player and the players network cable into it and the other near your modem and a cable from it to the modem

then it runs the network over this

Did you require any additional information from me?

Thanks. However, the man that sold us the Blueray player knew that we had a smart TV. We use have plugged the arial into the Smart TV, can't we use the signal from the TV to update the software for the Blueray player, as that is why we need to connect to the Internet at the moment?...

ok... you asked me how to connect it to the internet... this I have explained.. What is this new question you wish to ask me?

The problem is, Richard, that we had everything set up with the old JVC Stereo system, but could not set up the surround sound with the Sony Bravia TV because it was only able to be connected with analogue cables. There is a HDMI cable between the Bravia and the Blueray player, why can't that carry the digital and Internet signal from the TV to the Bluerayplayer? I don't know how to set that up with the fresh connections, please help?

Because the internet signal can only travel on a network cable, thats how internet signals work, they cannot travel from the TV to the player, it will only work the way I explained.

Ok, thanks for your advice Richard.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi there,

I saw you left without rating my service, which means I receive nothing for the answers I provided you. Was there a reason for this? Are you upset with me because it is not possible to connect your device via wireless?

Or you just did not wish for me to be compensated for the work?

Please let me know

Richard, Network Specialist