Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I want to setup a new laptop but I cannot find my "network…

I want to setup...

I want to setup a new laptop but I cannot find my "network key?"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

ACER Aspire e-5

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

It is brand new and I am setting up the wifi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just where I find the network security key, I have my password

1/20/2018
Josh, Helpdesk

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Network key is the same as your Wi-Fi password.

Great it worked.
I have a new HP Envy desktop that will not allow me to load the CD for my HP printer and downloading the driver times out, any suggestions?

You mentioned it won't allow you to load the CD -- What did you mean by that?

It blocks it saying I do not have admin rights.

Are you an admin on the computer?

It is a private computer so I should be.

Is this for Windows 10?

it is Windows 10.
The printer is HP LaserJet 400 colorM451dn and works great with my Windows 7.

On the box at the bottom where it says "Type here to search", type in UAC

Now slide the slider all the way to the bottom then Apply then OK

Now try to install the CD

sorry stepped away for a delivery, I will try that

Let me know

Same error message, this app has been blocked for your protection

It sounds like you have an antivirus program installed

Norton came with the Desktop
Control panel shows me as the admin, password *****

On that pop up, do you see any option to allow the app/program to run?

No it just shows blocked and view the certificate
Norton will expire shortly, should I uninstall?
It give me the option to autoexec which it will not do, or open another file

Uninstall then try to install the printer

OK

Let me know how it goes

I uninstalled Norton and I will try the disc install
Still shows the same message, the Admin has blocked this action. Funny it is all HP.
I removed McAffe and I am installing Kaspersky, I will try another printer disc; the Kaspersky disc and the scanner discs all worked so perhaps it is a disc issue for the printer.
Great job by the way. Thanks

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Helpdesk