Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

When I tap cloud wifi scan comes up and I don't know which…

When I tap cloud...

When I tap cloud wifi scan comes up and I don't know which to choose

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

At&t

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

To pick most sensible one to me

HAVENT GOT MY TECH INFO YET
1/20/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Check the router that provides your wireless network and Internet access and there should be a sticker on the router that includes the name of the router's wireless network and the security passphrase used to connect. Then on your computer look at the list of wireless networks, click on the one with the same name as the network name on the router sticker, click Connect, then enter the passphrase when prompted and it should connect to the wireless network and Internet.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
THERES A S/N AND PLUG I.D'S............DO I CALL AT&T ??
OK THX

The information about the wireless network should also be in the paperwork AT&T gave you when they installed the router.

If there is no sticker on the side or bottom of the router with the information as I described above, connect a computer to the router using a network cable then on the computer (assuming the computer is running the Windows operating system) click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box and right click on the command terminal icon that appears and click Run as Administrator. Then in the command terminal type

ipconfig /all

and press Enter. Then find the local network adapter in the output and it should display the name of the router's network and also note the gateway IP address listed for the local network adapter.

Then let me know the make and model of the router and I will give you the default login information so you can connect to it from the computer, login using the default login information, and change the wireless password ***** name so you can connect.

have not yet got a wi fi code number.......tis only for "cloud" .....waltv

Yes, understood.

Check the router again and let me know if there is a username and password ***** on the router that can be used to login to the router.

Also, what is the exact make and model of the router?

Do you have any other devices that are connected to the router?

LET IT ALL GO.........I WILL CONTACT MY WIRELESS CO. HOW ABOUT REFUND ??

I can certainly help you if you provide the information I have requested.

Also, if we use the remote assistance service you have requested I can connect to the AT&T router through your computer and help configure the router wireless access code for you.

END ALL.............................WALTV

Ok, no worries.

Best regards,

David.