Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

AirPort Extreme has blinking light with warning that says…

AirPort Extreme has blinking...

AirPort Extreme has blinking ***** *****ght with warning that says device may be over heating. also my iPhone 6 keeps getting booted off the network

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Only the one light on the router. on the utility the network light is green but below the AirPort image is the flashing amber with a red "1" beside it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, why can i not install the latest airport firmware on my Mac Mini

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are you connected to my network?
1/19/2018
Richard, Network Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the airport (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Ok, I will try that when I get home tonight.

Thank you, ***** ***** this to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Network Specialist
I tried unplugging, waiting and restarting but it still has the flashing amber is still occurring and it still gives the warning about the unit overheating.
Never mind. I called Apple Support and they fixed the problem.I will be expecting a full refund as your solution did NOT work.However, I DO appreciate your prompt response.Regards,Ron
I just noticed that you gave yourself 5 Stars. I did NOT rate your service so I don’t know how you got the 5 Stars, especially since you didn’t fix the problem!!!