Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My Nook says authentication problem. I have checked the

Customer Question
My Nook says authentication...

My Nook says authentication problem. I have checked the password. and restarted, it still says authentication problem. I. It actually seems to come on but then drop off.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Comcast

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Checked password ***** restarted. After restarting google seems to come on but once I try to put request in google it says no wi-fi and authentication problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. other equipment in house working fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
1/17/2018
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 1 month ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the nook at Christmas. I think it worked then but haven't tried using again until last week, not sure if was really working Christmas, it is for my son.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd prefer to fix myself. I really don't have $39.00, it is freezing here and not able to get to work.

Hi

Were was it purchased from?

Thanks

Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Barnes and Noble
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you still there?
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model number of your router?

Also please unplug the router from wall outlet and plug it back in after a couple of minutes please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
xfinity..... I can't unplug right now as it will take down TV and all internet in the house. Can do later.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Alright then, I will provide you instructions on what to do.

You can try them and let me know about the status.

But I need the model number of your Nook please.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Whether if that is a Nook HD and Nook HD+ or some other model?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nook Model # BNTV450 8GB.... Also why was I charged $19.00? I only approved $5.00..... Thank you.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

I need to know whether if that is a nook hd or nook hd+?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure... Why was I charged $19.00
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

TI am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues or payment related issue. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer