Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

All of a sudden I can't get internet connection. I have a…

All of a sudden...

All of a sudden I can't get internet connection.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device are you trying to connect?

I have a compag screen and an Acer computer. This all worked until tonight for 3 years

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Compaq?

How do I find the Wi-Fi list?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

What is a router?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that this was working until tonight. I probably hit a button some place.

1/17/2018
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I am sorry for the issue. Please tell me if you are able to access the Internet on any other device, except your Acer computer, such as a phone or tablet?

Let me know by typing a reply below. I will work with you on this problem until it has been resolved.

Thanks,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yrd

OK. Do you have any other computer connected to your home network, except your Acer computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My email addtress is:***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I never got the code

Sorry for the delay in response.

In order to solve the Internet problem on your Acer computer, I suggest doing the following:

1. Power off your Acer computer

2. While your Acer computer is powered down, power off your Internet router as well (the box that you use to connect to the Internet) - unplug its power cable from an electrical outlet

3. Leave both your computer and the Internet router powered off for about 2 minutes

4. After that, replug the power cable of your Internet router and power on your Acer computer

5. Wait for a few minutes and check if you can access the Internet

Let me know the results.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist