Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

All of a sudden I can't get internet connection. I have a…

All of a sudden...

All of a sudden I can't get internet connection.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device are you trying to connect?

I have a compag screen and an Acer computer. This all worked until tonight for 3 years

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Compaq?

How do I find the Wi-Fi list?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

What is a router?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that this was working until tonight. I probably hit a button some place.

1/17/2018
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I am sorry for the issue. Please tell me if you are able to access the Internet on any other device, except your Acer computer, such as a phone or tablet?

Let me know by typing a reply below. I will work with you on this problem until it has been resolved.

Thanks,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Yrd

OK. Do you have any other computer connected to your home network, except your Acer computer?

My email addtress is:***@******.***
I never got the code

Sorry for the delay in response.

In order to solve the Internet problem on your Acer computer, I suggest doing the following:

1. Power off your Acer computer

2. While your Acer computer is powered down, power off your Internet router as well (the box that you use to connect to the Internet) - unplug its power cable from an electrical outlet

3. Leave both your computer and the Internet router powered off for about 2 minutes

4. After that, replug the power cable of your Internet router and power on your Acer computer

5. Wait for a few minutes and check if you can access the Internet

Let me know the results.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist