Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Ipad wont connect to internet. They are all solid

Ipad wont connect to...

Ipad wont connect to internet

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

They are all solid

1/17/2018
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I am sorry for the issue. To confirm, are you trying to connect your iPad to your home Wi-Fi network, but it won't connect, or the problem is with something else?

Let me know by typing a reply below. I will work with you on this problem until it has been resolved.

Thanks,

trying to connect to home wi fi. it wont connect
I also reset network settings. that didn't help
no

Thanks for the information!

Please tell me if only your iPad is having problems with connecting to your Wi-Fi network, or you cannot connect some other device as well?

only my ipad

OK. Please try to connect it again, and if it fails, let me know the error message that is displayed.

it says not connected

OK. Please follow these instructions to get it connected:

1. On your iPad, go to the home screen
2. Tap on the Settings icon
3. In the Settings menu, tap on Wi-Fi
4. On the right side, tap on your WiFi network name

5. Enter the network password ***** it is password-protected and check if it will connect

the password ***** have is not accepted. now what

OK. We will need to find the correct password. May I know if you have a Windows computer connected to your home Wi-Fi network?

Good. There is a way to reveal the saved Wi-Fi password ***** a Windows computer, so you can use the same one for connecting your iPad. I can provide the instructions for you. First, please tell me if Windows 10 is installed on that computer, or another Windows version, such as Windows 8, Windows 7, etc?

windows 10

Thanks for the information!

Here are the instructions on how to reveal saved WiFi password ***** a Windows 10 computer:

1. Look at the icons in the bottom right corner of the screen. Locate the WiFi icon that looks like several curved line - indicating the strength of the WiFi signal

2. Once you have located it, move the mouse cursor over that icon, and right-click it

3. Select Open Network and Sharing Center

4. A new window will appear. Look where it says WiFi along with your WiFi network name. That name will appear as a clickable link, so click on it

5. The WiFi Status window will open. There click on the Wireless Properties button

6. Another window will open. There click on the Security tab

7. Finally, click inside the Show characters check-box. You will then be able to see your current WiFi password ***** in the "Network security key" box

8. Use that password ***** connect your iPad to your WiFi network

Let me know if you successfully connected it.

I've opened the network and sharing center. there is no wi fi / wi fi network name

You can watch a video containing the instructions I sent you. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ryua6lxWY

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
IT Miro, Computer Scientist