Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have recently changed out my Comcast/Xfinity modem for a…

Hello Pearl. I have...

Hello Pearl. I have recently changed out my Comcast/Xfinity modem for a Netgear Model C7100V. But it didn't have the horsepower to reach from the basement through my long ranch style house. So I believed in adding a Net gear Model EX6200v2 to cover the first floor.

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your C7100V network?

We have now been experiencing an issue of the ability to use the internet after about 30 minutes drops out. Usually will get an error message that that webpage is not available. My wife needs following conductivity to work from home.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe that I followed instructions but both the Modem and Extender have the same pass word.

1/16/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Have you ever been able to connect to the Wireless Extender's network and access the Internet through that connection?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Both connections seem to time out/drop after about 30 minutes. They both have the same password ***** I believe I was instructed. Sometimes just rebooting will get you back on, others you need to hit the reset button on the top of the C7100V modem.
My desktop which is hardwired to modem seems frozen now.

The addition of an actual wifi extender is always the last choice due to the fact that it is not the most reliable option.

Instead of using a wifi extender, the use of a PowerLine Adapter Extender would be the best choice. If you want, I can give you more information regarding this solution, which is many times better and more reliable. If you wish to continue using the current wifi extender, please tell me what the distance is between the modem and the extender.

Well I need the most reliable application so my wife can access work network. Distance between the Modem and extender is about 60-70 feet and up one level.
Do you think you can resolve issue with network if you securely connect?

With that kind of distance between the modem and the extender, you are expected to have problems.

If I securely connect, I will be able to fix the problem, guaranteed.

Jason Jones, Network Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 85
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com