Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm just having problems setting up outlook and wondered of…

Customer Question
I'm just having problems...

I'm just having problems setting up outlook and wondered of the first passwords it asks for is that of the router

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Haven't changed wi-fi password ***** our old rouer went on the blink so our isp sent us a new one

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you referring to outlook the email program? And if so, which version?

2013

Thanks

What exactly happens when you try to set it up?

Please let me know

Nothing it can't connect to to incoming or outgong

Which email service are you getting to?

An what is the exact error you get?

incoming is pop3.xtra.co.nz outgoing is***@******.*** it just fails to conect
thats when i try to do a manual set-up

Are you able to sign into your account here?

https://www.spark.co.nz/xtramail/signin/

Please let me know

logon to incoming failed and test message failed

Can you do the last instructions I gave please

just had to wait.... that's fine

ok, can you confirm you are following the instructions as per here

https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-email/getstarted/email-on-computer/check-spark-xtra-pop-settings-outlook-2013/

Please let me know

never had those menetioned, so i'll jut have a quick go

Thank you, ***** ***** know the results

how do i iopen it and go to file because it goes straight to want to set an account up

You choose to set it up manually and then you are at the last step

Ok I'll try

Thanks

domne that, so i'm on the page where i've put the pop and send settings and passwors... where do i go from there because its there it wont do thong ... set up
thats where I've entered the mail server settings for the account
where do i go frm there\?

It tells you under Pop Settings, or iMap settings, depending on which you choose to use., on the link I gave you