Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

The right side on the sennheiser RR840 has crapped out. TR…

The right side on...

The right side on the sennheiser RR840 has crapped out.

Technician's Assistant: What Sennheiser model do you have?

TR 840?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sennheiser system?

Wiggling wires. changing channels, fussing with volume.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

The volume knob has always been stiff.

Answered in 3 days by:
1/16/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Consultant

There are a series of adjustments on the Set 840 that can be done to adjust the audio to enhance the listening experience.
On the transmitter:
- Switch for Mono/Stereo = STEREO mode is different audio signals (ie: Left and Right) to each ear and MONO mode has a mixed signal (ie: Left and Right combined) that is the same sound going to both ears.
- Speech Intelligibility Buttons = Boosts for low/medium/high frequencies (or can be turned off) for increased audio intelligibility.
- Treble adjustment control = Adjusts treble however it is recommended to only be done by a hearing expert.
On the receiver:
- Balance Control = Controls how much volume each ear gets
NOTE: All of these adjustments are done assuming that the audio signal getting to the transmitter is a good clean signal. The transmitter/receiver is set to the specific frequencies so no fine tuning for frequencies is needed. If it is an issue like static in the audio then either change the transmitter channel (frequency) or check the audio source for signal issues or check for external influences that could cause the issue.

On the front of the receiver (the part that you wear) is a large black volume dial. This large dial acts like a "cog" and turns a smaller internal volume dial. In a scenario where the volume control of the Set 830 or Set 840 does not appear to be functioning correctly it may be a situation where the dials are out of alignment.

The solution is to realign the dials. To do this follow these steps:

Step 1: Remove the large black dial. (It pops straight off).

Step 2: Turn the volume all the way down by adjusting the small internal dial. (The small dial is grey colored and about the size of a dime).

Step 3: Re-align the large black dial with the "0" just to the RIGHT of the "12 o'clock" position and click it back into place.

Step 4: Test the volume.

Step 5: You're all set.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Consultant