Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Why does my Roku say I am not connected to the internet when…

Customer Question
Why does my Roku...

Why does my Roku say I am not connected to the internet when I did this 2 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Apple device, u mean my phone ?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

My wifi is now lit up. was not a min. ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Also it says poor signal strength, but I talked to my network yesterday, to increase my mgbps from 10 to 50. but on tv still say poor strength

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/9/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer and Roku after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

I unplug the router for 3 min. But it says poor strength
No thanks

Have any wireless devices recently been located near the router or TV?

Also, what is the make and model of the router?

Do you still need assistance?