Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am setting up a new tv and forgot my netgear modum

Customer Question
I am setting up...

I am setting up a new tv and forgot my netgear modum password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I probably never had since it was installed

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

I am connected to my lap top

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

That that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/9/2018
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me what version of Windows is on your laptop?

The wi-fi password ***** be recovered from it.

Thank you.

Here are the steps to get

your network security key/wi-fi password ***** a Windows 10, 8 or 7

computer that is already connected to your wireless network.

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar

and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars) (please see attachment below)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

In the Wireless Properties window, click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

It is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as you see it on your screen.

Let me know the result please.