Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am considering buying ENGENIUS XtraRange 300Mbps Wireless…

Customer Question
Hi My name is*****...

Hi My name is*****: Who makes your router?

I am considering buying ENGENIUS XtraRange 300Mbps Wireless N Router-ESR300H but I don't have enough info on the website I locate it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

What is the active range? I want to use to extend my wireless 4G router to extend coverage

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the 4G router you have?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
D-Link

What is the model of the Dlink please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.
I have D-Link 4g Router model DWR-921E. I am not satisfied by the coverage range. As I was searching for a way to extend the range. I stumbled on ENGENIUS XtraRange 300Mbps Wireless N Router-ESR300H router. Unfortunately, there is not enough information on the products on the website I saw it. My plan is to get more information on the product before I buy it. That's how I got your website and I am wondering if it's the right place want I want.
Please advise.

ok, the router is a wifi router that you are looking at, whilst your Dlink is 4G for the cell network, these are two different things and you cannot extend with the XtraRange router.

Please click on my link below to locate the specific signal booster you require

https://www.myamplifiers.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp925zvjK2AIV1hXTCh1yBw80EAAYAiAAEgJoofD_BwE

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi,Just seen the link you sent. I don't think that's what I need. I wanted to know if the ENGENIUS XtraRange 300Mbps Wireless N Router-ESR300H router could cover a small building of about 300 square meters. Then I can either use it as a wireless bridge or a wireless extender to extend the Dlink wireless 4G router to extend Internet connection to other devices. I wouldn't mind using Ethernet cable to link the two routers. The emphasis here is, can the XtraRange router cover the aforementioned range?

The router will extend a wireless signal by up to 55 meters in an open room, with bricks it will go 25-30 meters in each direction.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
34;The router will extend a wireless signal by up to 55 meters in an open room, with bricks it will go 25-30 meters in each direction."Please confirm the above statement refers to the ENGENIUS XtraRange 300Mbps Wireless N Router-ESR300H router.Can I extend/Bridge the DLink with the XtraRange using wireless connection?

Yes I confirm this router extends wireless signals by these distances.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richards,
I have just received the Xtra range Engenius router. I am fine with the range. It covers acceptable areas within the building. However, I am having issues setting it up to work with my 4G router. I connected the LAN port of 4G router to the WAN port of the Xtra range router but it doesn't work.
Please assist.

Hi there.

As I mentioned initially and repeated, the router does not work for 4G, these are two different things Wifi and 4G

This is why I sent you the link on the routers you need to purchase.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richard,Of course it works.
I have two routers with 4G from two different providers. One is D-Link and the other is Huawei.
I first connected the D-Link router to the Engenius router with RJ45 cable (LAN port of the DLink to WAN port of Engenius). That didn't work. I was curious. I later discovered that the DLink did not actually have Internet connection. The provider network was down at that time (even as I write).
I then powered the Huawei router and connected it to the Engenius router and I it's working well. I now connect to the Internet via the Engenius router.My challenge now is how to use wireless to bridge the two routers. If you are familiar with the Engenius router, please can you work me through?Please note that I messaged you when the DLink didn't before I tried the Huawei router which works.

Connect Engenius router to the LAN port of the Dlink

Disable the DHCP server on the Dlink router and set the IP address of Engenius router in the same range as the Dlink

Then try to use it

Richard, Network Specialist