Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I bought an extender today and I can't get past then

Customer Question
I bought an extender...

I bought an extender today and I can't get past then blinking stage on the WPS LED. The model # of the extender is EX6100v2 and the make of my modem is a Netgear, model D2200D-1FRNAS. Do need router also?

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your D2200D-1FRNAS network?

My home computer is all

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NETGEAR router?

Tried several times according to the instructions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I am hoping to extend my wifi signal so the smart tv (new Samsung) can be utilized with the internet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/8/2018
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are trying to configure the Netgear Range extender, If the Light is blinking please try to press the reset button for 10-20 sec and continue the followings steps below:

1. Set the switch on the EX6100 to Extender.
  2. Plug the EX6100 into an electrical outlet halfway between your wireless router and computer.
  3. Wait for the Power light to become solid green.

Note: If the device did not turn on, push the On/Off switch on the side of the EX6100 beside the switch.

4. On your wireless computer, tablet, or smartphone, view the available wireless networks and connect to the EX6100 signal. It has two Wi-Fi networks:
    • 2.4GHz: EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT
    • 5 GHz: EX6100_NETGEAR_5GEXT
  5. Once connected to the network, the Extender Client Link light will turn on.
  6. Open an internet browser and go to www.mywifiext.net.
  7. Select the SSID for 2.4GHz and click Continue.

Note: If you click on Skip, make sure your wireless router supports 5GHz band.

8. Type the network Passphrase and click Continue.
  9. Select the SSID for 5GHz and click Continue.
  10. Type the network key and click Continue.

Note: You can click Skip if you do not want to connect the device to 5GHz or if you have no existing 5GHz network.

11. Select Public Network or Private Network and click Continue.
    • Public: Hotel Wi-Fi, Coffee shop Wi-Fi, Airport Wi-Fi etc
    • Private: Own home/office network(You WiFi name)
  12. Enter the security settings for the Extender and click Continue.
  13. Genie will now apply the settings.
  14. Connect to the extender wireless network and click Continue.
  15. Click Finish.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

For User guide PDF please click HERE