Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a r7000 nighthawk router and don't know how to set it…

Customer Question
I have a r7000...

I have a r7000 nighthawk router and don't know how to set it up. I only have a pc with access to the internet and cant download the genie app

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I just had Comcast install a new internet connection and modem but because i bought the netgear router I'm on my own, so the wifi password ***** ***** today's installation

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that i only have iphones and ipads besides the pc

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Hi JACUSTOMER-qgdclcl3,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. If you already have the Comcast router in place, just plug the Netgear router into one of the Lan ports on your Comcast router. Then open a web browser and type in the IP address of the Netgear router It is probably 192.168.1.1. This should open a login screen. The default username is ***** ***** the default password ***** *****

Let me know if that gets you in.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert