Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Netgear range extender wont connect to modem. EX6100V2. WPS…

Customer Question
Netgear range extender wont...

Netgear range extender wont connect to modem.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your NETGEAR router?

EX6100V2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

WPS connection several times and a factory reset

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
1/7/2018
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

May I ask for the model name of the Extender?

EX5100v2
sorry thats 6100V2

Thank you for the update. What is the model name of the modem?

Netgear AC 750 extender

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

i would prefer to be talked through it if possible in case I have future issues and need to fix myself.

The reason I offered the remote session as a choice is because as it stands, I don't know what the problem is. The remote session would allow me a chance to analyze the system and locate the issue.

Once I find the problem, I can instruct you on how to fix similar problems in the future.

it is meant to be a simple plug and play wps connection

I understand that it is 'supposed' to be a simple plug and play WPS connection. That is why we need to analyze the problem.

I am not trying to force the remote session. I just to explain why I offered it.

When you run through the WPS setup, what happens?