Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Can’t connect with WIFI network on my iPAD. Never had this…

Customer Question
Can’t connect with WIFI...

Can’t connect with WIFI network on my iPAD. Never had this problem before. Security recommendation says to configure the router to use WPA2 Personal (AES) security type. I followed online instructions to do this three times but still unable to join the network.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

All lights are solid

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

model name is ***** *****

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Look, I don’t want to pay $39. I just want to make a genius bar reservation at the Naperville apple store. Can you help me with that?

You may ignore the automatic offer for remote service, if you wish.

Do you want help resolving the problem or do you simply want to make a reservation at the Genius Bar?

Again, I want to make a genius bar reservation at the Naperville apple store. Can you help me do that? Haven’t heard your answer.

You may make a reservation at the "Genus Bar" on the following page: https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Is there anything else that I can help with?