Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Intermittent signal. Aywun computer nbn. Since wednesday…

Customer Question
Intermittent signal. Technician's Assistant:...

Intermittent signal.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Aywun computer nbn

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since wednesday night. I have noted we are on the telstra outage area list

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The system is wifi

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 2 days by:
1/9/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe with intermittent wireless signal and Internet connection could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your wireless network and Internet access. To resolve the issue power down the router/modem and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?