Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I having trouble getting my cell phone hooked up on my

Customer Question
I having trouble getting...

I having trouble getting my cell phone hooked up on my xfinity WiFi. I have put in all the different numbers on the modem and it keeps saying not the correct password

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes my iPad which I am using now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don’t think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/6/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Sometimes smartphones require a stronger WiFi signal initially in order to setup the WiFi and accept the password. So get as close to the WiFi router as possible to increase the signal strength and try again to select the WiFi network and enter the password.

Please let me know the result.

I was setting in front of my WiFi router and it is not taking it.
Why is this costing me when I’m with the companys service of internet.
I callled Comcast and they fixed it for me for free and didn’t understand why I was being charged.
I'm glad the issue was resolved!
Just contact Just Answer customer service regarding concerns about charges.
Best regards,
I was not suppose to be charged for this according to Xfinity. So I don't understand why I was charged 29.00 for tech help. I finally called Comcast 800 number and got the problem solve. Setting in front of the modem didn't work.