Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a Netgear42 mod, My router says it is a Netgear 42…

Customer Question
HI. My name is*****...

HI. My name is***** have a Netgear42 mod

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

My router says it is a Netgear 42 modem and I am conected with xinfinity Comcast in Flint Michigan.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I tried to connect with Netgear and it asks for a Security key.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I also forgot my password, I thought it was Herrgott, but that did not too that to.need too change . So I

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
1/6/2018
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 1 month ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Your security key and your wireless password ***** the same thing. They are interchangeable.

Do you have a computer that is wirelessly connected to the Netgear42 network?

You can get your key/password ***** such a machine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already got charged 25 Dollars. Do I get a Securely connect for that or do I have to pay more?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do I get for my money?

Hi. Secure Remote is a premium service and you certainly don't have to accept it. It's your choice.

I'm asking you questions in the hope of avoiding the extra expense.

(not a computer connected to the router with a cable)

You can get your security key/password ***** such a machine?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer