Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I replaced my monitor today and I noticed then I got it

Customer Question
I replaced my monitor...

I replaced my monitor today and I noticed then I got it working, Netgear had dropped my NETGEAR84 network. No matter what I try i can not get it back.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your NETGEAR router?

R6400

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Tried to get it working. When I bring up WIFI connections and hit Manage, I see NETGEAR84 but can get it to connect after hitting ADD and inputting the informaton SSID and Password....................

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that many attempts have failed and I don't understand why this happened.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
1/6/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.
The issue could be due to memory errors in the Netgear router. To rule out memory errors as the root cause, power down the Netgear router and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router and power up the device. Wait for the router to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

I tried your suggestions and still have the same problem. When I switched out a couple cables, it came back. Now it tells me I am not connected to my router when I do the routerlogin.net.
I do not want the additional charge and will try fixing myself. I am not satisfied with the service and I dispute the original charges.
Please remove the current charges from my credit card.