Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'd like to change the wifi se ttings on a Netcam..new

Customer Question
I'd like to change...

I'd like to change the wifi se ttings on a Netcam..new router. I tried reinstalling the camera. The app doesn't sense that I'm connected to the camera's wifi network. It just says that the old camera name is unavailable.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

When I connect to the mothership over the net with the camera in operational mode, the app gives me the "play" screen, but when I try to use it the app comes back and says that the video was interrupted. I never get a picture. By the way, I tried resetting the camera to factory settings previously (20 sec reset).

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

The bottom two are solid green

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it. I reinstalled the Belkin Netcam app. The phone connects to the camera's WIFI just fine. Just is that the app thinks I want to talk to cam#2 and says it's unavailable. That is all I can do in the app when trying to set it up with the camera in Setup mode.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 3 days by:
1/9/2018
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the model of the Netcam?