Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We have our TV connected to a Verizon Fios box and to an…

Customer Question
We have our TV...

We have our TV connected to a Verizon Fios box and to an internet connection recently, the internet connection stopped working, so we cannot access Netflix, Amazon, etc

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

Yes, it says that there is no connection I have restored settings and gone through the connection set-up

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes tried all that several times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The internet connection is wired, but we have also tried wireless. I have DHCP set-up and the connection IP address does show, so there is an active connection

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
1/6/2018
Network Technician: Benjamin Nichols, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Benjamin Nichols
Benjamin Nichols, System Administrator

Hello, please unplug your tv for 2 minutes and then plugged it back in. This should reset any connection settings that may have hung when you lost your internet connection. If this does not work please let me know and we can attempt additional troubleshooting steps. If I have answered the question to your satisfaction please be sure to rate my service, if not please let me know how I can be of more assistance.