Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

This is in regard to my Amazon fire hd8 tablet. I cannot get…

Customer Question
This is in regard...

This is in regard to my Amazon fire hd8 tablet. I cannot get in so don't know if I am inputting wrong password. Can you help ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your Fire?

I hadn't changed it, as far as I know.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

I have hotmail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I have contacted At&t and they have refreshed/restarted my wireless so it seems to be more than just that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
1/5/2018
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I cannot connect to WiFi. Keeps saying I have an "authentication problem"
NO...don't connect. Please initiate my refund.

this sounds like you are entering the wifi password *****