Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with the

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with the netgear router s/n 9C3DCF82B066 Mod R6400vt. I bought it at Best Buy.It worked a couple of days. I connect directly to the modem and the internet works.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your NETGEAR router?

R64oov2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have been re booting the modem ant the router

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/5/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.
The issue could be due to memory errors in the router that provides your Internet access. To clear router memory all power must be disconnected from the router for several minutes in order for the router memory to drain in order to correct the problem. So first power down the router and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 5 - 10 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router and power up the device. Wait for the router to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?