Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Bought a ac3000 orbi router. Can not get it connected to…

Customer Question
Bought a ac3000 orbi...

Bought a ac3000 orbi router. Can not get it connected to wifi internet

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Blue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Do not really know. I am 83yrs. young and a real novice to this type of work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
1/5/2018
Network Technician: Cabletech, Helpdesk replied 1 month ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Helpdesk

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Good morning, Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today? I understand you are having an issue connecting your router online. Are any of your computers able to get online?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer