Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My chromecast is not using the proper wi-fi password. how do…

Customer Question
My chromecast is not...

My chromecast is not using the proper wi-fi password. how do I change it>

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I just change the chromecast to another TV

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes. and it ent to the priper wi-fi

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
1/5/2018
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 1 month ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

follow these steps please>

1. Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Google Home.
  2. Open the Google Home app .
  3. In the top right corner of the Home screen, tap Devices to see device cards of available Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Google Home devices.
  4. In the top right corner of the device card you're changing the Wi-Fi network for, tap the device card menu > Settings > Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi network listed is the network you're currently connected to.
  5. To change the Wi-Fi network, tap Forget Forget network.
  6. Tap the back arrow next to Devices (top left corner of app screen) Devices .
  7. Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast, you want to set up on a new network SET UP.

did that work for you?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer