Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Moved router to a different room to solve feedback issue,

Customer Question
Moved router to a...

Moved router to a different room to solve feedback issue, can't get it to reconnect

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

The router itself isn't connecting to the Internet, only the power light is on

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Power

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Model number?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/5/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What is the exact make and model of the router?

Also, was it previously connected wirelessly to another router or by cable to another router/modem that connects to the Internet?

Do you still need assistance?