Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just got a notice that my netgear router was being

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a notice that my netgear router was being attacked

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your NETGEAR router?

Mr1100

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/4/2018
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Who or what gave you such a notice?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

it came up on my phone that my that my net gear router was under attack

What on your phone told you that? Was it a message from someone, a message from an application, etc?

no thanks my mc afee did not find any thing

No thanks? What are you saying, "no thanks" to?

I asked you what exactly told you that it was being attacked. It sounds like it may have just been a scammer or spyware item trying to fool you into thinking it was being attacked.