Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need help with a router. Asus rt-ac66u. I reset it and now…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with a router

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Asus rt-ac66u

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus router?

I reset it and now I cant remember what to do next.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
1/4/2018
Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Hi JACUSTOMER-nwkaompu,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Below are the instructions to get started:

• Connect a computer to the router with an ethernet cable
  • Open a web browser and type http://192.168.1.1
  • Log in using username and password. type "admin" for both
  • This will get you into the management interface of the router to configure all settings.

If this doesn't get you in, do the following:

• In the search field on the bottom of the computer type "command"
  • Click to select command prompt
  • In the black command window, type ipconfig
  • Scroll to find the gateway address
  • Open browser and type http:// and then ip address you determined was the gateway, which should be the router address
  • This will open a log in screen
  • Enter the factory default login: username=admin and password=admin

For your convenience, here's a link to the manual:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC66U/E7891_RT_AC66U_Manual.pdf?_ga=2.14866486.1853930180.1515082383-1197203130.1513607382

Please reply once done and let me know if it worked and if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Thank you it worked

That's great news. Don't forget to accept the answer and rate me if you are satisfied, so I can get credit for assisting you.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Expert was great

Thank you! Plesae don't forget to click to accept the answer and rate me, so I can get credit for helping you.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer