Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I placed new batteries in a camera the next day it was down…

Customer Question
I placed new batteries...

I placed new batteries in a camera the next day it was down to 75%, now it is at 24 %

Technician's Assistant: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?

Do you mean in 1 camera or more cameras

Technician's Assistant: The Camera Technician will be able to walk you through that. Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

Neither I have placed them under the eve's of my house not to get any moisture in them

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

I purchased the batteries that ARLO recommended

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/3/2018
Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Hi JACUSTOMER-sj9te4ma,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please try the following:

Put fresh batteries in and do not push them down, but let the battery cover push them down as you shut it. Most likely, its not that your batteries are draining faster, but, because the batteries actually operate in 2 x 2 batteries in parallel, if one of the 4 contacts is not being made, the camera will work but the battery indicator level will be based on only 2 batteries

Sometimes, the 2 batteries by the magnet can be pulled down by the magnet, if you are using the magnetic mount. So, just reinsert the batteries carefully, shut the lid and see if the battery power goes back up.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I just wanted to confirm that this resolved your issue with the camera. Please let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert