Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I bought a new hp computer and I cannot connect to wifi

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new hp computer and I cannot connect to wifi because I need the security code for the netgear router. I don't understand what I read online and cannot figure out how to find it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Not for a long time

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
1/3/2018
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Your old computer, is it connected to your router via WiFi (not cable) ?

We can recover the WiFi password ***** that computer. Is it an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No to doing that

If you are referring to secure remote, then please ignore it. It is completely optional and was an automatic offer from this site.

You can recover the WiFi password ***** that computer. Is it an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a windows. It is not a password ***** security code from the netgear. I typed in my password ***** it keeps asking for the security code.

You need the WiFi password ***** connect. Make sure you are not choosing WPS PIN option to connect

What version of Windows is it ? The method to recover WiFi password ***** ***** for each version

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really don’t know. It is an old computer. I think I will not understand any of this and will just forget it and wait until my brother comes to see me in a week and let him do this for me. Sorry I did not know it would be this confusing for me. I am old and not up on this stuff.

No problem. It is easy to check it. Go to this website--> http://whatsmyos.com/

It will tell you the Windows version. Once you give me that, I can walk you through the steps to get the wiFi password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not doing it now we have a lunch date to go to. But thank you anyway. I am signing off.

Ok, No problem

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer