Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot print. Seems like the printer and lap top cannot…

Customer Question
I cannot print....

I cannot print. Seems like the printer and lap top cannot connect.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just to print

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/2/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If printing was previously working, the issue could be related to memory errors in the router that provides your wireless network. To rule out the network, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless network and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer and printer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

It still says that the printer is not connected

What is the make and model of your printer and wireless router?

Also, is this the first time you have connected the printer to wireless or was it previously working?

Do you still need assistance?

No. I had someone come in and fix everything.

Ok and thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

David.