Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a netgear wi-fi Range extender model WN3000RP. A Dell…

Customer Question
I have a netgear...

I have a netgear wi-fi Range extender model WN3000RP.

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your WN3000RP network?

A Dell computer that im trying to hook up a google home but it ask for numbers i dont have

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NETGEAR router?

Tried to connect but wants a wpn #

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
1/1/2018
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 4 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Unplug the extender from the wall. The WPS PIN is printed on the label.

It says a WEP OR WPA key
Network key?
No 5$ is enough!

Please disregard the pop-up offer. The site robot sends that, not me.

"WEP OR WPA key" means your wireless password. Do you know what it is?

No the back of net gear router says Password: password ***** that does not work! I have reset the extender

Thank you. If you held down the reset button on the extender to reset it, the extender will

start broadcasting a wireless network called NETGEAR_EXT which will show up in the list of wireless networks

on your wireless devices.

No it says
Home Wi-Fi Ext_EXT

Thank you. That means the extender was not reset.

To reset it, the extender needs to be powered on and the reset button held down for

10 seconds. A minute or two after that you should see NETGEAR_EXT in the list of wireless networks.

Ok it shows netgear_ext

Thank you.

This is the tricky part. You'll need to connect your wireless laptop, (you can also use a phone or tablet) to the NETGEAR_EXT network.

It doesn't require a password

and it also does not have an internet connection. It connects directly to the extender itself.

After you connect, open a browser (internet explorer, edge, chrome, firefox and go to www.mywifiext.net

Since you're directly connected to the extender, it should open up the extender setup wizard.

You'll need your wi-fi password ***** your main wireless network handy to complete the setup.

Byron
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech