Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am rebooting my kindle oasis I have a new router and the…

Customer Question
I am rebooting my...

I am rebooting my kindle oasis I have a new router and the kindle won't connect.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

No it does not the old network does the new network does not.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes they already have connected

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to enter advanced but I get confused on the info

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
1/1/2018
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 6 months ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.

Did that work for you?