Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I cannot connect echo to wifi. Do not have one. All lights…

Customer Question
I cannot connect echo...

I cannot connect echo to wifi

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Do not have one

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All lights are green

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to connect many times and get as far as connecting to wifi but it will not do that; is there a reset button for the echo?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
12/31/2017
Network Technician: Cabletech, Helpdesk replied 1 month ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Helpdesk

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question. I apologize about the wait due the holidays.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

I have 2 echo shows and 2 echo dots myself. I would be experienced in this area to help you set it up to wifi. Did you originally setup your wifi or did someone else set that up for you? I am trying to see if you have the wireless password ***** get online.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wifi was set up by Verizon @ move in 2 years ago.

Did they leave your wireless password *****?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, I was under the impression I was talking to Echo support and have already given my credit card for 36.00 to get this far.

Is that the issue when you are trying to set it up is that you are getting something about the password ***** *****?

Since Verizon set this up for you, you may have to have them provide the wireless WEP code to you. It may be easily provided over the phone. We can attempt to retrieve it from the router but if they have that locked as well, we won't be able to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** contact Verizon.

Once you do, let me know and we can continue the setup! If they say they didn't setup the router, then let me know as well and we can resetup your wireless network. Or let me know if you no longer need assistance after they give you the password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** *****

Ok!

Cabletech
Cabletech
Cabletech, Helpdesk