Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I updated my phone, and it is asking for the password to my…

Customer Question
I updated my phone...

I updated my phone, and it is asking for the password ***** my wireless router which I have pulled from the router itself and typed in repeatedly, to no good result. Now, I cannot go forward, or back up the process to restore access to the phone. HELP!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My wife changed the Apple password ***** and it works. However, am I supposed to be entering in the password ***** the wireless network, to my pole password ***** referencing the correct wireless network?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

When the phone is asking for a password, it is referencing the router name, and whether I enter the router password ***** the Apple password, it does not work. and, it says, "Incorrect password ***** network "CP9C8".

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
1/1/2018
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Make sure that you are entering the WiFi password ***** careful attention to the difference between entering UPPER CASE and lower-case letters - the case of letters in the WiFi password ***** be accurately observed and entered, or it will not make a WiFi connection.

Also double-check the WiFi password, by trying to use it to connect another WiFi-using device other than the phone. Or, esp. if your computer is already connected to WiFi, don't try to connect using the WiFi password ***** directly off the router, instead, find out the WiFi password ***** your computer is using successfully.

(I can give you directions on how to get the WiFi password ***** currently used from your computer, if that computer is WiFi-using, and depending upon whether it is an Apple computer, or a Windows PC, by different methods. Let me know which it is, and I will direct you - or, can connect remotely to your computer to find that information for you, if you approve that additional service.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.