Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

A belkin n300 trying to download a google home app on my…

Customer Question
A belkin n300...

A belkin n300 trying to download a google home app on my phone but the password ***** my wi-fi does not work apparently What next?????

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

The belkin unit is a couple years old and has been working on other devices

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I know very little when it comes to computers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
12/31/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your router question.
If no lights are showing any light on your router, you will need to connect it to power, before its password ***** work, fairly obviously.

A power adapter for the Belkin should be about.

Now, if that is not the problem, please tell me further details, e.g. what computer or handheld device(s) you have, that are already in-use of the WiFi the Belkin provides.

(Or is the Belkin router new, and you haven't ever used it before, perhaps?)

Let me know in Reply, and I will help you further.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer