Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My Motorola modem router is not working. The second light…

Customer Question
My Motorola modem router...

My Motorola modem router is not working. The second light just keeps flashing. My iPad will

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

The up and down arrow buttons

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

The ones right under the power light

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
12/31/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.
The issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem. To clear any memory errors power down the router/modem and unplug the power cord as well. Remove the backup battery inside the unit, if it has a backup battery, to ensure no power is applied to the router/modem. Wait 5 minutes. Then put the battery back in, then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your iPad after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?