Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I forgot my password and I need it to connect my new phone…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** I need it to connect my new phone to wifi.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

It's original

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

My laptop is connected.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm nearly in tears trying to remember my password ***** where I may have written it down. I'm just hoping to have the password.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
12/31/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

I have a NetGear N300 model wnr2000v5
No thank you. I only need a password.

No worries. You can ignore the automatic offer for the remote session.

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link ---> http://192.168.1.1
Username: admin
Password: password
- Click the Wireless link (your network name is ***** *****)
- Click the Wireless security link (your wireless password ***** ***** here)

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

Did that help?

My present phone isn't connected to internet. I would have to log off from you and use my laptop. The suggested site given for here is not secure, so I won't use it.

Which site are you saying is not secure?

Don't logoff from anything. Just go to the computer and follow those instructions. Thank you.

If you are telling me that the 192.168.1.1 site is not secure, that is okay. The IP is the IP of the router; so you are safe.

No thanks. You can't help. Just refund my five dollars. I'll just sit here and cry about it.

No thanks to what? I gave you the instructions to fix the problem. Simply, follow the instructions and you will be all set.

No thanks. Nevermind.

Oh okay. Thank you. I will send in your refund request.

Please, do not rate my help and you will not be charged.

Thank you and farewell.