Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

How do I connect my google mini? Acer. I'm not good at this.

Customer Question
How do I connect...

How do I connect my google mini?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Acer. I'm not good at this . do you windows 7?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just got this google mini for Christmas but don't know how to connect it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
12/31/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Google Mini question.

You do need a smartphone or similar (WiFi-equipped, connected to your router, and of course WiFi capable) device or tablet. An Android/Samsung device of that sort will do, or some Lenovo or Acer tablet devices too I believe. Or, an Apple handheld device, either iPhone or iPad, can be used to set up the Google Mini.

1. connect the Google Mini to the power via the Google Mini power adapter.

2. download the Google Mini setup app to your handheld device, it may be obtained here:

https://store.google.com/us/product/google_home_mini_setup?hl=en-US

by way of the Google Play store (black) icon, or the Apple Store (black) icon next to that icon.

3. run that setup app, and it will connect to your Google Mini and then you can configure the Google Mini to connect to your WiFi router.

And that's about all there is to it. You talk to the Google Mini, once it is connected to your WiFi service, and it will respond.

(If you only have a computer and/or you have no WiFi, of course, the above can not be done. Regrettably, I have searched, and there seems to be no online / computer-accessible, version of the Google Mini setup utility that you can run on a common Windows or Apple computer. The Amazon Dot and Echo type devices do have a via-WiFi-connected-computer setup capability as well as via Setup App for handheld/mobile devices.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.