Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

A neighbor projects noises into my bedroom during the night,

Customer Question
A neighbor projects noises...

A neighbor projects noises into my bedroom during the night, deliberately waking me. Turning off my router helped at first. What might he be doing?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Earplugs, white noise machines, radio on static. No matter what, he gets around. An attorney says we need to find out how he is doing it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have recorded these noises with a recorder. I am desperately in need of sleep. He also makes these noises in each room I enter during day. Including bathroom) Real pervert.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
12/30/2017
Network Technician: DMWEsq,
 replied 1 month ago
DMWEsq
Hello I'm an attorney here to help. Could you help me understand what questions you had for me today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A neighbor has harassed me with noisises for a long time. For the past two and a half years he wakes me with noises projected into my bedroom. The first time he played back to me specific music recorded from inside my home. He seems to have a mental problem. Since I took an attorney's advice in unplugging my router and it worked for a while he must be using some illegal electronic means. He also makes strange noises at me in the daytime as I enter different rooms. Does this help you understand a strange situation?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to find what means he is using.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don's believe I should have been connected with an attorney. I need an I.T. professional. I was connected to the wrong kind of person. I believe this should have been done the first time.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing told me this was strictly an attorneys' service.
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 1 month ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need assistance but want to know if it will cost me anymore.

I do not handle pricing.

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cleared up the question of charges. Thank you for getting in touch. My question is how might a neighbor project noise into my house from his location. I need to find out how he is doing it. It might help to mention the noise stopped for a while when I unplugged my router.

What type of noises?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The first time it was playing back to me specific noises recorded from inside my home. Most of the time it is drum sounds - the neighbor is a drummer in a band. It can be any sounds he can make that will wake me up. I hope this helps give you the information you need.

It is extremely unlikely that he is projecting noises into your house through your electronics.

I would suggest that you contact a local IT company who can come out to your house so you can show them and allow them to listen to what you are referring to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Does it suggest anything by the fact that it worked at first when I disconnected my router? I know this is unbelievable. I have recorded these noises during the night. My atty mentioned an IT and that will be my next step.

If you recorded the noises, please contact a local IT company so they can listen to it and they can come out to your house.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer