Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Just switched my wifi router, the amazon fire 5th generation…

Customer Question
Just switched my wifi...

Just switched my wifi router, the amazon fire 5th generation sees many networks but not the one in the house. the amazon firestick sees it

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire?

5th generation, 1 to 2 years old, it did see the other Comcast router

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire?

Refreshing the wifi, manually putting in the name and password

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
12/28/2017
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 6 months ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

It is important to not manually enter the information otherwise it will not work.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Does it see it now?

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!