Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need to know what my WIFI password is. I'm not sure.

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know what my WIFI password *****

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I'm not sure. Long timeago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I I got new phone and need to connect it to the WIFI.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
12/28/2017
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 3 months ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the make/model of your router?

Arris tg862

Open up a web browser (Internet Explorer, for example) and enter the IP address http://192.168.0.1 in your browser’s address bar and press Enter.

• The Login window will prompt for the router configuration username and password.
  • The default username is "admin"
  • The default password ***** "password"

On the first page, you should see an option for Pre-Shared Key -- That is your Wi-Fi password.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

Josh, Helpdesk