Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I would like to have WiFi in my home. How do I get it?

Customer Question
I would like to...

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

ARRIS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Is there a password ***** the router?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
12/27/2017
Network Technician: Cabletech, Helpdesk replied 1 month ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Helpdesk

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Wifi is easy to setup but just requires a bit of time. It sounds like you have a modem provided by your cable provider. Who is your current provider?

Each provider has different workarounds.

You can respond in the white box below if you are still on the page.

It appears you may have clicked away from the page. If you still need help, please respond in the chat box. Thank you!

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer