Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need instructions dealing with connecting my tp-link

Customer Question
I need instructions dealing...

I need instructions dealing with connecting my tp-link flexible control to my echo.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your TP-Link router?

Verizon combination router and Modem

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I have not ben able to find instruction on Line. I do not have a smart phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I don't know what else i v\can tell you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
12/27/2017
Network Technician: Cabletech, Helpdesk replied 6 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Helpdesk

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I got some of these for Christmas with my Show and Dots. I am familiar with setting them up and can see why you might be having an issue with them.

The problem is with Smart Devices requires Smartphones. They honestly tie in together and the instructions that I have do not give another route to set it up. If you still want to set it up, you'll have to get a smart device. I was sitting here thinking of the cheapest way possible if you can't or don't want to upgrade your wireless plan to accommodate a smart phone. You can buy a used iTouch or someone might have an older iPhone that you don't need service on. You just need to be able to access the internet via your WiFi so you can download the App and setup the devices. If you have a trusted family member who has a smart phone that can download the app, you can have them download the app for you and it would make the progress much easier. You might also look into buying a smartphone from the pay as you go phones from Walmart. You just need to be able to download the app.

If you would like to reach someone by phone or email, they can be reached this way:

Toll Free: +1(###) ###-####/p>

E-mail:***@******.***

Service Time: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

------

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!