Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I forgot my password for my cisco_962A4AFB. I never did.

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** my cisco_962A4AFB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I never did

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m trying to connect to this WiFi a iRobot and it will not let me connect to my att network so it shows me a Cisco router but I don’t know the password.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
12/26/2017
Network Technician: Jeremy K, Digital Educator and Network Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Digital Educator and Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

So it sounds like you're trying to connect the iRobot app to a new Roomba device using your wireless network, is that right? And just to double check, are you sure this Cisco hotspot is your wifi router (and not neighbour, nearby coffee shop etc.)?

that is what I’m trying to do and it my be from the neighbor but it will not let me connect to my ATT network. It said to pick another network.

Okay, glad we clarified that! It will be crucial to get your network from the start, otherwise it may try to vacuum your neighbor's house instead (that's a joke). But on a serious note, do you know the name for your home wifi network? We can troubleshoot why it's not appearing, but want To make sure we are working with the right network from the start.

My network does appear but it tells me to choose another.
My network is ATT6P828r6

tOk, so I'm assuming that you've got the app installed already, have created an irobot account and now you're on the "set up a new roomba" step, right? I believe it's telling you to select another network because it can't find any roomba devices on your network. So we should focus on the roomba first and make sure it's able to connect to your network. What steps have you tried in setting up the roomba so far?

Is the home base set up, plugged in, and the roomba on it? And (most importantly) is the home base located near your wifi network hotspot? Near = 10 feet or so.

Have you had any luck trying these steps? Do let me know if I can still be of assistance - or if we've managed to resolve your issue using my suggestions above.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer